It’s one of the most highly anticipated games of 2019, but today gamers across the globe can rejoice as 505 Games deliver Koji Igarashi’s gothic horror side-scrolling action RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to Xbox One, PS4, and PC, with a Nintendo Switch drop just around the corner.
Available right now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, with the launch on Nintendo Switch due to arrive come June 25th, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night sees us thrown into an 18th century England world, where a strange paranormal force has managed to bring forth a demon-infested castle. Taking on the role of Miriam, an orphan who has been hit by a curse which is crystalising her body, it is up to you to save not just Miriam herself, but humanity as a whole.
This will happen by fighting your way through the castle, picking up, crafting and unlocking a huge array of weaponry, equipment types and sweet loot, powering Miriam up enough so to be able to take on the evil summoner Gebel, and the hordes of minions and bosses that await.
Expect to find some super deep gameplay, absolutely tons of replay opportunities, some glorious visuals, multiple characters to enjoy and one of the biggest world maps that Koji Igarashi has ever created.
Features of Bloodstained include:
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side-scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- INSANE REPLAY VALUE – In addition to a sprawling single player story experience with alternate endings, almost a dozen extra game modes will be released post launch as free updates, including online & local co-op and vs. modes, roguelike mode, boss rush, chaos mode and nightmare difficulty to name a few.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Going to get involved? Head on over to your favoured digital store right now and make sure you fall into the wonders of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC right now. It’s priced up at £34.99.
Make sure you keep an eye out for our full review too. The question is, can Bloodstained get one over the rather brilliant Timespinner?
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a gothic horror action side-scrolling RPG set in 19th century England. A paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity, and herself in the process, Miriam must fight through the castle and defeat the summoner, Gebel. Collect, craft and unlock a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the countless minions and bosses of hell that await!