The Division records largest launch in the UK during first quarter

The Division records largest launch in the UK during first quarter

Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division

Tom Clancy’s The Division has already made a huge splash on one side of the pond as the title’s launch was officially named the largest ever in the UK, during the first three months of the year.

Sales for the game were split quite closely between both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Xbox recorded 45% while the Sony console just edged it with a total of 54% – with console copies making up for 99% of sales, presumably because PC gamers are picking it up via Steam codes.

Here are the top 5 games in the UK charts this week:

  1. The Division
  2. Far Cry Primal
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  4. FIFA 16
  5. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

The original UK record was set back in 2005 by PlayStation 2’s Gran Turismo 4 game, but has now been conquered by Ubisoft. However, The Division came in third in terms of the UK’s all-time biggest game releases, falling short of Assassin’s Creed 3 and Watchdogs.

Just recently Ubisoft actually confirmed a sequel for Watchdogs, following months of speculation surrounding a second instalment. Many fans will be hoping that the game offers a little more in the sequel, after the game was criticised for its story mode and various other aspects.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply